While fall sports are beginning and student-athletes may feel some sense of normalcy, the guidelines for fans and spectators at athletic events at Augusta Independent will not be normal this fall. Due to the gymnasium capacity and the state guidelines, the following attendance limits are currently in place:
- Each Augusta player will receive two tickets to give to family to attend.
- Visiting teams will be given an allotment of two tickets per player for guests.
- Fans attending must present a pre-provided ticket given to the athlete for entry. No other spectators will be permitted.
- Ticket prices remain $5, which will still be paid at the gate.
- Family units and those who traveled to the contest in the same vehicle should sit together. The entire group must maintain six-foot social distancing from any other family or traveling group.
- Any individual attending the event must sign a waiver to be admitted to the facility.
- If we reach our capacity, gate management staff reserves the right to decrease capacity as necessary.
There will be several other changes that have become common in the COVID-19 area. All individuals entering our facility must wear a mask and must keep that mask on throughout the event. All coaches, non-competitors (bench players) and cheerleaders shall wear a mask/face covering.
Health screenings will also be administered. Gate attendants must check the temperature of any individual who was not checked that day by the school. The current protocol permits accepting a temperature of 100.4 or less. In the event a person does not meet the temperature threshold, that individual shall not be admitted to the facility. Anyone attending or participating in a KHSAA regular season or postseason event shall review his/her symptoms before arriving in anticipation of being screened.
The team benches, including the court area and the bleachers behind the benches, will be limited to only those essential individuals participating (coaches, players, officials). Only limited concessions will be available. Augusta Athletics is in the process of developing a live video streaming option that fans could pay the price of a ticket to watch games online.